Monday, November 20, 2006

This too shall pass

[this is something I wrote last year, but I wanted to share it again]

The sky is dark and filled with lashed hopes and dreams. Every beautiful and wonderful thought has turned to the blackest nightmares. It seems as if I've been blindsided by a two by four. As if there's a target on my back. I am broken. Never have I felt so hopeless so abandoned. I am on my knees. I can't do this alone. I can't. For once I thought I might be rid of rough ocean waves and finally see the calm open waters; but this was not so. My hopes were shattered as I was taken under. This was one thing I did not expect. Yet I still have hope. The hand of God pulls us out and we are not consumed. His love is beyond all that I can grasp, and his plan is higher than my vision. For every night there is a morning. For every tear, there is laughter. As I run to my Father and hug Him tight, He quietly whispers to me, "My child, hold on. This too shall pass."

Lamentations 3:22 "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail."

1 comment:

wellis68 said...

This is really powerful.

The darkness has not overcome the light and it never will. What God made in the beginning, the good creation hasn't gone anywhere, but sometimes it gets covered up. Life is beauty that is sometimes hidden. Praise God for the times when He pulls us from the darkness and we enter into the reality of His grace where we cannot be consumed, but we - through Him - are victorious. may we praise God for mornings and for laughter even in the night and in the tears. May heaven be our reality!

Thank you for your amazing thoughts!
-Wes